Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Milla Jovovich in Twohy's A Perfect Getaway

Chronicles of Riddick director David Twohy's latest film is thriller called A Perfect Getaway. It stars Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn as two lovers on honeymoon in Hawaii who discover they're being stalked by a pair of killers, played by Kiele Sanchez and Timothy Olyphant. Seems like a twisted and tropical mix of Funny Games and The Strangers. This was originally supposed to hit theaters this week, but Universal has since pushed it back to mid-August. To keep us excited, Twohy himself has posted two photos of his leading ladies, Jovovich and Sanchez, over on his official blog, which are the very first photos from the film.

Kiele Sanchez in A Perfect Getaway

Milla Jovovich in A Perfect Getaway

I don't know else to say about this, but I guess I'm curious? I'm wondering what the title, A Perfect Getaway, has to do with the story. Is it just saying that Hawaii was the perfect "getaway" vacation for these two or is there some secondary meaning to it? Twohy's blog is actually a pretty cool read. "After a 100% stage show like Riddick, I wanted to do something outdoors… So I got what I wished for, anyway, since APG wound up being 95% exteriors." We'll keep eye our out for more on this as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment