Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Michael Bay Says Not So Fast Paramount!

Woops. Someone at Paramount heard wrong. Yesterday news that Transformers 3 had been scheduled for a July 1st, 2011 release date, alongside a number of other exciting movies. But apparently Paramount jumped the gun. Michael Bay posted the following on his own official forums: "I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots." Will it be rescheduled?

I'm a bit amazed that such a huge mistake was made and that Paramount even announced the wrong date. Well, it falls in line with the exact pattern that Bay followed for the first two, so it could make sense that they'd push for the same two year schedule for the third sequel. Additionally, this is the first time Bay has ever followed through with a complete trilogy. He's only ever actually made one sequel - Bad Boys II - but this will be the first time he continues on. It's obvious that this is a passion project for him and that he was indeed born to direct Transformers. He just needs a break, too! So will they push it back to 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment