Monday, July 12, 2010

Transformers 3, The End of Transformers?


Quick update on Transformers 3. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is currently promoting his latest film, Salt. As expected, he was asked about other movies he is involved with, including Transformers 3. 

IGN reports:

We asked him if it’s the end of the line for the giant robots. His response? As far as he’s concerned, part three will be the final installment. “I would think so,” he said. “I would think so.”
That doesn’t mean a reboot with new creative talent might not happen, but it would appear that the current regime feels that their work is done.
“It may not be the end of the line of Transformers for Hasbro and Paramount,” he laughed. “But I would think so… [Director] Michael [Bay] I’m sure is… He’s spent a lot if years working on one thing.”
For Transformers fanboys everywhere, this is sad news. To me, it’s expected. I mean, in this era, studios are used to the idea of making trilogies. I also expect that in the future, the Transformer franchise will be rebooted/remade once again. It will be sad to see the end to Bay’s vision and story. It’s been awesome! (gotta thank today’s available technology and effects wizards). Here’s hoping that they go out with a bang. I was a little disappointed with number 2.

What do you guys think of this news?

No comments:

Post a Comment