Tuesday, December 16, 2008

4 New Posters for G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

It's only the middle of December, and already I feel like Summer 2009 is just around the corner. G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra is back with a few new character posters. They're not entirely new, as they first appeared over the summer at a licensing fair, but have been scanned online for the first time thanks to Film.ru. There's four in all -- Duke, Snake Eyes, Baroness, and Ripcord, and all four have been added to the GI Joe gallery below. Unfortunately, they haven't appeared in a big, hi-res version yet.

Paramount might want to reconsider the design since they look just like the Star Trek character posters. You can't have people wandering into Trek, and wondering where the heck Snake Eyes is. G.I. Joe is the All American Hero! Make these screamingly obvious -- red, white, and blue all the way! At least throw in the camoflauge I remember (and probably wrongly) from the packaging. None of this classiness and silver font -- that has to be left for Mission: Impossible installments.

G.I. Joe Poster - DukeG.I. Joe Poster - Snake Eyes

G.I. Joe Poster - BaronessG.I. Joe Poster - Ripcord

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra is directed by big action filmmaker Stephen Sommers, of The Jungle Book, Deep Rising, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, and Van Helsing previously. The screenplay was co-written by both Stuart Beattie, of Collateral, Derailed, and 30 Days of Night, and Skip Woods, of Swordfish and Hitman. The movie is based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe line of toys that first debut in 1964. Paramount will premiere G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra in theaters everywhere on August 7th, 2009 this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment