Tuesday, June 24, 2008

G.I. Joe Poster Plus Subtitle - Rise of Cobra

The first full poster for the upcoming G.I. Joe movie has been discovered and alongside of it the new subtitle for the film. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra is now the official title. The guys over at Film1.nl happened to come across this poster at the Cinema Expo in Amsterdam and took a photo for the world to see. I would say it's not all that amazing, plus it's only Duke, play by Channing Tatum, and I'd rather see some of the other G.I. Joe team members instead, like Dennis Quaid as General Hawk or Sienna Miller as The Baroness. However, if this strikes up as heated of a discussion as the new name of Transformers 2, then go for it. You can check out the poster below and discuss the new name in the comments.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

Cobra Command is the fictional nemesis of the G.I. Joe team. The organization is lead by Cobra Commander, a hooded villain regarded as the most dangerous man on Earth, because he can draw followers to him. Additionally part of the Cobra team are Destro, The Baroness, and Storm Shadow. The plot of the film, while unknown for the most part, deals with the G.I. Joe team taking on "an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer." Hence the new title Rise of Cobra.

G.I. Joe is directed by Stephen Sommers (Deep Rising, The Mummy, Van Helsing) and written by both Stuart Beattie and Skip Woods. The movie arrives in theaters on August 7th, 2009.

Source: FirstShowing

No comments:

Post a Comment