Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Maybee talks X-Files sequel

Spencer Maybee is one of the stars of the forthcoming "X-Files" sequel. In the pic, he plays Blair Finch, the working class father of Sefton, a frail 7-year-old boy with a crooked countenance due to illness,around whom the film’s plot revolves.

Skiewed and Reviewed caught up with the actor to discuss his involvement in the film - naturally, the gun at the lad's head prevented him from saying too much.

"I wasn’t given much background on my character, but Chris Carter attended the callbacks, and Carrie and I actually did a callback together, which kind of worked out like a rehearsal. I didn’t have any scenes with David Duchovny, but I had the pleasure and thrill of working with Gillian Anderson. She was a paragon of professionalism; kind, friendly and really grounded in her character and in the scene. It was a pleasure working with her because, as an actor, you’re working with the other actors to create a world that only exists if you believe in it. It’s really inspiring to work with someone who brings to a scene so much “faith,” if you will, in the world of the story. It’s even more inspiring when you’re surrounded by other actors who are doing the same – Adam Godley, Carrie Ruscheinsky, and young Marco. I really think that this kind of environment really only thrives under a director who encourages and cultivates this belief and makes space for his actors to get into the time and space of the moment."

Director Chris Carter won the boy's praise.

''Chris was really the first director that I’ve worked with who’s been able to make that space for the actors to get into the moment, to wiggle around in it and find some different internal spaces, and he’s the first director I’ve worked with who really seemed to value that. I think how he benefits from that is that he gets a variety of subtle, honest emotional reactions, which I really believe translate to the screen. I guess we’ll be able to put that theory to the test when the movie comes out.''


No comments:

Post a Comment