Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chris Nolan is Excited to Be Working on Batman's 'Last Chapter'


 Even though we're still two years out and shooting hasn't even started on The Dark Knight Rises, we're already at that point where we're hyping it up just for the sake of hype. As in, even though there is no news or new information to report, this new quote from director Christopher Nolan is still worth reading just because it's an awesome two-year-early tease for the extremely highly anticipated conclusion to his Batman saga. Nolan spoke with Entertainment Weekly recently and confirmed that this is "the last chapter of our Batman saga." He also talked about how he's very excited to be working on TDKR next following Inception.


"I feel very glad that I'm doing another Batman film. I think it would have been daunting to sit down and write an original script after Inception. I love working within the realm and rules of our Batman world. It's kind of nice to have someplace to go that I'm super-excited about." He added that Inception's success allows him to tackle another Batman without any sense of needing to prove himself: "I must say that I'm glad — I'm very, very glad — to be embarking on the last chapter of our Batman saga without any sense of obligation or duty to the studio. They did very well with Inception. So I'm able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way."
 
The reason why I love this quote so much and wanted to feature it, is because there's been some speculation that the third story won't live up to Batman Begins or The Dark Knight because, well, where can they go next and maybe Chris Nolan is tired of dealing with Batman, which is why he does his own original movies like Inception and so on. But that is - obviously - just not the case! As you can see, he's very excited to be working on TDKR next. If there's one thing I know, when Chris freakin' Nolan is "super-excited" about a huge project he's about to start working on, that means we are probably going to be blown away by it, too.

Head over to Entertainment Weekly for the full article and a brief interview, which includes quotes about Inception's ambiguous top-spinning ending, such as: "What's funny to me is that people really do expect me to answer it." Inception arrives on Blu-Ray and DVD on December 7th. Warner Bros has The Dark Knight Rises scheduled to hit theaters everywhere starting on July 20th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment