Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hugo Weaving on Transformers 2


But what is his role? Ah, only true Transformers fans may know this? In Transformers in 2007, Hugo Weaving provided the voice of Megatron. For a while it was thought that Megatron wouldn't return in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, with Michael Bay even going as far as to flat out say that Megatron is not in it. But Weaving revealed to the Australian site AdelaideNow that he is returning and that he has already recorded his voice for the role. "I've already done it," he said. "I had this strange conversation where [Bay] seemed to imply it was all a big secret. So there you go - I've given you the secret scoop."

So how is Megatron resurrected? Well, of course he's not going to tell us that, and I wouldn't dare write about it even if he did, but this is the answer he gave. "I think in the last one, doesn't Optimus Prime pick up a little bit of, a little shard of the cube, or the thing that's left, and he takes it with him. Maybe there's something there… but I don't know." Of course, the All Spark, it heals the robots, it fixed the little Frenzy guy when he got near it in the first movie. That would make sense, wouldn't it? Anyway, we're going to say that reveal for the actual movie, but it's good to hear one of my favorite actors is still back in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment