Friday, October 10, 2008

German Day the Earth Stood Still Poster

An international poster for The Day the Earth Stood Still has been unearthed today over on IESB. I can't help myself, I'm a big sci-fi guy, and like the Defiance trailer before it, I'm even more excited by this than any normal person would be. The Day the Earth Stood Still is one of the few remaining films left this year that I'm genuinely very excited to see. And this poster, there's just something about Keanu Reeve's cold, alienating stare that gives me the chills. We won't ever see this up in any theaters in the US, but it's a poster that I might pay good money to see on my own walls. Am I really the only one?

From all the footage that we've seen, including that extended seven-minute trailer that showed in front of "Fringe", I've got to say that I still think this is going to be an amazing remake. I'm not sure how good it'll be, I just know that it'll be very good, potentially a new modern sci-fi classic. This is a project we've been following from the very start and I've become the biggest supporter of it at the end.

The Day the Earth Stood Still Poster

The Day the Earth Stood Still is directed by up-and-coming director Scott Derrickson, of only The Exorcism of Emily Rose previously, with a script written by screenwriter David Scarpa, of only The Last Castle previously. There are a lot of fresh creative minds involved in this project who haven't yet had a lot of experience. The film is a remake of Robert Wise's 1951 sci-fi classic of the same name. Fox is releasing the re-imagined The Day the Earth Stood Still on December 12th later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment