Thursday, July 3, 2008

Full Trailer for Fernando Meirelles' Blindness

Another new full trailer for Fernando Meirelles' Blindness has finally debuted online. The trailer has been playing in front of Wanted this weekend and is a vast improvement over the first teaser trailer. I've been waiting for Meirelles to show me something even somewhat reminiscent of City of God (one of my all-time personal favorites), in terms of brilliance not necessarily subject matter, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Blindness is it. This latest full trailer finally shows me that this might have the potential to be that good. I love the music, even though we're all familiar with it, but it adds such an uneasy tone to the ending and allows us to somewhat feel the fear that all of these blind people have. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you watch this trailer for Blindness today.

Blindness

A doctor's wife becomes the only person with the ability to see in a town where everyone is struck with a mysterious case of sudden blindness. She feigns illness in order to take care of her husband as her surrounding community breaks down into chaos and disorder. I'm guessing there is a lot more to the story then what's written in that brief synopsis. However, I prefer to go into this completely blind and with as little knowledge as possible - I think there will be much more to take away from it going in that way.

Blindness is directed by legendary Brazilian filmmaker Fernando Meirelles of City of God and The Constant Gardener previously. The film is based on a novel by Nobel Prize winning author Jose Saramago with a script written by actor-writer Don McKellar, of Highway 61, Last Night, and The Red Violin. Blindness is currently set to open in theaters on September 19th. The latest poster is featured below.

Blindness Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment