Thursday, June 19, 2008

'Toy Story' in 4-D!


Screw all this 3-D is the future stuff -- what I want is some hardcore 4-D! Kick it up a notch, ya know? I really want to feel this sucker. Well, thankfully, those lunatics over at Disney are already on it -- and, according to The Hollywood Reporter, they've unveiled a new attraction at both Disney theme parks in Florida and California called Toy Story Mania! And it's in 4-D! Hell yeah!Basically, riders throw on a pair of 3-D glasses and are taken through an attraction that has them "appearing to shrink to about toy-size so they might scoot through Andy's room firing virtual projectiles at 3-D targets while collecting points for accuracy." Um, sweet. Can I live there temporarily? (Actually, I did work at Disney World briefly back in the day, and the magic kinda goes away when it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity and you're wearing a ridiculous pair of Lederhosen. Did I just go there? I think I did.)


Anyway, Toy Story Mania! joins a bunch of Pixar-inspired attractions at the theme parks (Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., A Bug's Life), and will soon be joined by Cars Land. Due in 2012, this sucker costs $1.1 billion, will span 12 acres and will hopefully kick a whole lotta ass. For $1.1 billion (billion!), it better. Has anyone visited Disney in the past few weeks and checked out Toy Story Mania? I know it opened in Florida at the end of May. Anyone? Woody? Buzz?

1 comment:

  1. Better start shrinking the attached image! ;-)

    ReplyDelete