Friday, February 8, 2008

Val Kilmer Will Be Voice Of K.I.T.T.

In a strange twist of events it looks like Val Kilmer will be the voice of K.I.T.T. in the upcoming Knight Rider project. We get the story from the professionals at Variety:

A carmaker conflict has caused NBC to hire Val Kilmer to replace Will Arnett as the voice of KITT on its “Knight Rider” revival. Arnett (”Arrested Development”) had already completed his part for the pic, which is slated to debut on NBC in less than two weeks. Problem is, Arnett had a contractual conflict of interest.

For the better part of a decade, Arnett has done voice-over work for General Motors — as the voice of GMC Trucks. NBC’s new “Knight,” however, is “played” by a Ford Mustang. Not surprisingly, when GM found out about the Ford connection, it asked Arnett to pull out.

As far as I am concerned no one other than William Daniels should be the voice of K.I.T.T. I do however think it is hilarious that they have to re-record all of the car’s lines because GM pulled the contract card. I think it is very unfortunate that K.I.T.T. is going to be a Ford Mustang. Nothing against the car, but K.I.T.T. is a Trans Am.

Having Kilmer do the voice is certainly a surprise, I will admit that. When I woke up this morning, I certainly didn’t think that this would be one of the headlines. I may try to find some clips of Kilmer voicing the car after the fact; I don’t think I will be watching the made for TV movie. I find the lack of Trans Am action disturbing and am unable to forgive. Look at the poster below - It just doesn’t sit right with me.


The Movie Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment